Friday, February 14, 2014

SmallTalk: Love is.

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!!! I hope that you enjoyed your day in celebrating the most kilig day of the year. Before I start my small talk, here is the song from the musical movie Rent, "Seasons of Love".



Usually, when people answered the question what is love, they define it as love as a feeling, love is with a partner or even having this famous quotable quote as "love is blind". I was asked one time and I quote that tagline of a famous Thai movie, "Love is an evolve form of emotional attachment that transcends gender and physical form." This is as close as I think of what Love can be. Let me share what I think of those definitions above with my changing perspective of what Love is.



I believe that Love is not a feeling or emotions because if it is a feeling, then like anger, it will also fade away in the twilight. That kind of feeling is actually infatuation.

Love is with a partner, well, not necessarily with a partner. You love your family, you love other people like your friends, you love your country and most especially, you love God.

Love is not blind. Love, rather, is acceptance (no matter) of who and what the person is. It is fully accepting the person's strengths, weakness, attitude and past.

And also, Love is security and loyalty.


Again, Happy Valentine's Day!!! Remember, February 14 is not the only day of love; it is everyday as long as there is love. Just as what the song says, Love makes the world go round.

Here’s another song from the Beatles, “All you need is Love”:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give voice to your opinion. Let the wisdom speak. Comment